3.18.2007

The miVi Top Ten Films of 2006: Redux

So start of this year, I began my Top Ten Films of 2006 but, through no fault of my own, it seems the list stopped at #2 (seemed like a good place as any to stop a Top Ten list).

Anyway, allow me to recap:

#10: An Inconvenient Truth
#9: Brick
#8: Curious George

#7: Children of Men
#6: Pan's Labyrinth
#5: The Queen
#4: Clerks 2
#3: Superman Returns
#2: Stranger Than Fiction

Now, before I reveal #1 (though, if you know me, it's pretty much a given what it is), I did see The Departed recently and thought it was amazing! Should Scorsese have won for this particular piece? Probably not [cough cough Goodfellas]. It also made me consider moving some of the films around but I decided otherwise. Where would it have fallen? No idea; that's why I didn't bother. So here's the Wild Card Honourable Mention:














Directed by Martin Scorsese
Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson and Marky Mark Mark Wahlberg.

Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Massachusetts State Police and the Irish mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made, and the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities.

Cool film. Great cast.
Spoiler Alert (though vague, the smart reader out there might figure it out):
And just when it's about to hit a cliche ending that I was admittedly rooting for, it doesn't but just made me love it more!
My Not-So-Surprising-and-Rather-Anti-Climatic #1 film of 2006 to come shortly (I promise!)

No comments: